Help to Buy
If owning a brand new property is important to you, but you need a little bit of help in achieving that dream, then Help-to-Buy could be right for you.
England – HTB 2021-2023
- Property valued up to £600,000 – region specific
- New build property only
- Property needs to be eligible for Help to Buy
- Available to first-time buyers only
- Married/Civil partnerships have to make a joint application
- You will need a minimum 5% deposit of the full property value
Check on the up to date eligibility information below.
Help to Buy: Equity loan
- The government will lend you up to 20% of the property value
- This will increase to 40% if in London
- The loan is interest free for 5 years (£1pm management fee applies)
- In year 6 you will be charged interest on the loan
- You will need to apply to your local Help to Buy agent for acceptance
- When selling, you will be liable to repay the percentage outstanding
Check on the up to date equity loan information below.
Stamp duty is paid on the full purchase value of the property.
The amount you pay will vary depending on whether you are a first-time buyer or have owned a property before and the value of the property.
Click below to see the Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) amount.
You will need to instruct a conveyancer for your purchase.
Your developer may suggest that you use their own.
You are free to choose your own conveyancer and we have a panel of conveyancers that are very efficient and competitively priced.
Click below to see our conveyancing information.
Purchasing your new home is very exciting, but we need to ensure you can keep your home should something serious happen to you or your family.
We will discuss with you and ensure you have the right protection in place ready for exchange of contracts.
Click below to see our protection information.
Parkers Financial Solutions Ltd is an appointed representative of Mortgage Intelligence Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under number 305330 in respect of mortgage, insurance and consumer credit mediation activities only. Registered address 10 Speen Place, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1RX. Registered in England & Wales under number 9290167.